Hospitality Services at Western Division of Housing and Ancillary Services at The University of Western Ontario
Hospitality Services | About Us | Events | Employment | Purchasing | Sustainability | Staff
Contact Us | F.A.Q | Customer Comment Card | Directions | Flickr Photos
What our customers have to say about us
I just wanted to let you both know what a great job Catrona and her staff did for our daughter's wedding reception on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately, I'm out of children to marry off, but certainly if I require any future catering services I will not hesitate to call on Great Hall Catering.
- R. Lawrence

F.A.Q.s on....

Question How do I place a catering order and who should I speak to?
Answer Simply contact the Great Hall Catering office at 519 661-3048 or Ext.
  83048 if you are calling from campus. Anyone of our administrative team can assist you. You can also email us at
Question Do you do any catering outside of the city?
Answer Yes, a Catering Manager will contact the client to discuss the particulars.
Question Do you have a hall to rent?
Answer Yes, we have a wide range of facilities available here at Western to
  accommodate every need.
Question Can we bring our own caterer and run our own bar?
Answer No, Great Hall Catering is the campus caterer and holds the Liquor
  License for these venues.
The Great Hall, Somerville House
Question What is the capacity of the Great Hall?
Answer The Great Hall can accommodate 430 seated guests, or 350 with a dance
Question Is there parking available near the Great Hall, Somerville
Answer Convenient parking is just steps away at the Weldon parking lot, located
  between the Law School and the Weldon Library, directly across from Somerville House.
Question Is parking free?
Answer It is when you are hosting an event in the Great Hall, although some
  restrictions may apply (ie Weekdays during the school year, may not be available).
Question Is the Great Hall wheelchair accessible?
Answer Yes. There are posted signs to guide you.
Question Does the Room Rental charge include the food?
Answer No. Food charges are a separate cost.
Question If we book our event in the Great Hall, can we supply our own
  beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic?
Answer No. All beverages served must be provided by Great Hall Catering. Our
  pricing is very competitive and preferred brands can be arranged. There is one exception - weddings can supply their own dinner wine for dinner. They must present a special occasion permit and there is a wine service charge of $10.00 per bottle, charges are based on consumption.
On-Campus Catering
Question Does Great Hall Catering have keys to the room around campus?
Answer No, unfortunately Great Hall Catering does not have master keys to any
  of the buildings on campus. It is the responsibility of the client to have the room unlocked 15 minutes prior to the delivery time which ensures that the order be set-up on time for your event. Further, on weekends, it is also the responsibility of the client to arrange that the buildings themselves are unlocked.
Question Does catering provide the tables?
Answer No, we can advise the client on how many tables may be required
  especially for larger orders but this must be arranged prior to the event. And no, we cannot leave our carts to be used as tables for set-up.
Question Am I responsible for the catering equipment?
Answer Yes, as stated in your Requirement Report, "All equipment used is the
  responsibility of the client; any missing equipment will result in additional charges". If the equipment is moved to another location, please contact our main office at 519 661-3048 or and we will gladly come and pick up.

Western Logo
Top of Page
[ Hospitality Services Page ] - [ Housing & Hospitality Services Page ]
[ H.A.S Feedback ] - [ H.A.S Web Support ] - [ www Disclaimer ]
© Copyright Western University
Last Modified on February 6, 2014 1:03 PM , by [DR]